Sunday, July 28, 2013

So Far It's a Lovely Weekend

The sound of everyone in the house.............yes, I have missed this. Even when they are making a lot of noise when playing a Mario game on the x-box. Let me clarify about the noise, just listening them laugh at one another, make insane comments and yes, talk about their male superiority of a video game...it just makes me smile.

I don't get the luxury of having all three boys home on a weekend any more, so when it does happen, it is special.

I am enjoying everyone's pictures of the beach this weekend as I cruise around on Facebook, as the last time I was outside today  (which was about noon) it was 98 degrees - it is sure to rise from there.

One week to go until I have to get serious about getting ready for the school year. The nice part about that is I spend the first week in Las Vegas sitting by the pool and working. And believe it or not, I am not the sole person at the pool with a laptop - it's quite amusing.

Usually people around me want to engage in discussion about education and what my class is all about. For some reason, wherever I go, my face must scream, TALK TO ME, I WILL TALK TO YOU. It's usually pretty good, every once in a while I get a "live" one. I do have to say that my favorite people to talk to are the pool waitresses. They have such great stories! I'm usually down at the pool from 9 - 12 or 1, and then I work the rest of the time up in the room because then it starts to get crowded by all the families. I think that's why the waitresses are so chatty - it's really quiet in the morning hours.

Well, got to get back to making family dinner. Tonight's menu:

10 hour pork baby back ribs (Tom's method of smoking and bbq)
Greek Potatoes (I mean, are there any other kind?)
Steamed Artichokes that are finished off on the grill with olive oil, garlic and salt.
They are accompanied by 2 different sauces, one is an oriental style sauce and the other is more like a remoulade.

With three boys in the house.................will there be leftovers????

No comments:

Post a Comment